We like providing a commenting system so you can express yourself and share information with other readers, and for the most part, you’re free to speak your mind under our articles. We do want our community to be a friendly and welcoming place for everyone, though, so there are a few rules.
1. Respect one another. Debates are great, but attacks are not. Please refrain from posting offensive, obscene, threatening or abusive comments. If you personally attack other readers or writers, your comment(s) and responses to those comments may be removed from the discussion. Attacks create a hostile environment that discourages discussion. You are fully responsible for libelous or defamatory comments.
2. Hate-speech will not be tolerated. Comments containing racism, homophobia, sexism, or any other form of hate-speech have no place on our site.
3. Keep your language in check. Vulgar posts may offend other readers. Our filters are fairly tolerant, allowing for quite a bit of colorful/questionable language, but too many obscenities may prevent a comment from posting. In addition, in some cases, if a post is still too vulgar, a moderator may later remove or edit it.
Please note that comments may be edited by the moderator for any reason, including but not limited to language. In such cases, we will endeavor to include a moderation with the modified comment.
4. Stay on topic. Comments should be related to the topic discussed in the associated article or blog post. In order to keep the conversation relevant, off-topic comments may be edited or removed.
5. Don’t impersonate someone else. You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of your comments. If we believe you’ve impersonated someone else, we reserve the right to remove the comment.
6. Spam and commercial content will be removed. We do not welcome comments containing copy used for commercial purposes or for soliciting funds. If we see them, we reserve the right to remove them.
7. Stop and think before you comment. We won’t remove comments because a reader or writer regrets a post. Please remember that these comments are searchable and a comment history has a long life on the web.
8. Don’t include personal information in your comments. We strongly discourage readers from posting personal information about themselves (ex. address, telephone number, workplace) and reserve the right to remove any comments we find with personal information about other people or that violates a third party’s right to privacy.
9. Complaints about removed comments. We reserve the right to remove comments left to protest a removed comment. Please contact us if you have any complaints about deleted comments.
10. UnitedGangs.com may excerpt your comments. We may modify and print your comment (or an excerpt from it) in the magazine, on other parts of our websites, or in another form, media or technology.
13. Repeated abuse of our guidelines may lead to commenting privileges being suspended or permanently banned.